Thursday, May 26, 2005

Searching for Better Prospect

Today I had a series of email exchange with an Indonesian. She is a bright student from Indonesia currently studying Information Technology in Taiwan.

With her good academic results, she managed to enter local prestigious university reading English. But half-way through the university, she left Indonesia to study in Taiwan. Now alone in foreign land she is short of money and needs to find a decent work anywhere as long as it is not back to Indonesia.

I can understand her reason not to go back to Indonesia. I can also understand that there is something more that she did not reveal. It does not seem so simple.

She even proposed to come to Singapore as nanny or domestic helper while waiting for any suitable job. Personally I do not think this is a good idea as there are other things involved. Also, there is a sense of urgency to quickly leave Taiwan in the tone.

As a Buddhist, I should not worry too much on unnecessary things. What I can do now, perhaps, is to offer her some ways to tide over the current crisis and pursue her dreams.

I have no idea now. But, the answer shall come when the seeker is