Friday, May 27, 2005

Choosing Primary School

When it comes to choosing primary school, most people will look at the school academic performance first. Other factors will come in later.

The same thing is happening to me as well. As parents we would want to provide the best to our children. So, this was the first step I did.

Along the way other factors come in, the proximity, the co-curricular activities, pastoral care, teacher's commitment, etc.

Primary one being the first time a child go for full session study can be quite stressfull. Besides, the need to wake up early in the morning to catch up with the school bus and to start the school early can be quite a difficult routine to adjust to.

Based on there two factors alone, the most important thing that matters is only one, the proximity. Then, how about academic that was supposed to be the most important?

Somehow, I noticed it is actually up to the child to put in the hardwork and discipline to be successful. No doubt the school and environment play a sold here, but ultimately it is the individual that will determine the success.

With this understanding, I realise I don't have to do much. Just find the nearest neighbour school with not-too-bad academic achievement and my children should be alright. I hope this is a wise choice.