Sunday, May 29, 2005

Healthy Lifestyle Outing

In Singapore, a Community Centre or Club serves residents staying nearby. It is a place where there are activities for residents. It also serves as resident mobilization centre.

Today I took part in Healthy Lifestyle Outing organised by Sembawang CC. I used to take part in this kind of activities, but stopped for at least a year due to various commitments.

Today we visited the Chinese Garden. There is nothing glamorous, but with a piece of bread, a bottle of water and lucky draw costing S$2 departing at 7am, participants found it worthwhile. Besides, it is healthier compared to people who woke up late and did not do simple exercises.

On why I said it is a centre to mobilize residents, we can just take a look at turnout for today. There are at least 800 people with no less than 17 buses taking part. This is definitely a very important phenomena to notice.

I think this is one area that Singapore has done very well. Other than healthier lifestyle, it also fosters family bonding and cultivates good habit of waking up early.

Overall, I am satisfied and I would definitely encourage my family to take part more in the future.